Subject: Issues list: revised with new spec references

Title: Minutes and next call April 5th

Jacques and all,

        I’ve revised the Test Framework issues list to reflect current locations in spec addressing particular issues.

Regards,

Mike

\

A- Script extensions
- filter-results notation.  -  Section  7.1.4.1  and Appendix D (schemas )
- split / join ops – Defined in section 7.1  table
10, section  7.1.1, table 11
- conditional ops, where used. – Section 7.1.8
- exception catching best practice – All tables in the spec
- timing of test steps, timeout vs "sleep". – Two different things completely , described as “stepDuration” section 7.1.
2.2  table 12 and “Sleep”, tables 10, 11, 33

B- Message store and getMessage semanticsSection 7.1.3.1 and 7.1.9.1
- masking / unmasking the events that are selected. – Section 7.1.
3.1
- scope of a store.
7.1.3.1 .. first paragraph
- time limit for a getMessage op – Defined as “stepDuration”, section 7.1.
2.2, table 12

C-Parameters / variables
- how are they set.. Section
4.2.2.1
- pre-processing model, especially in filters – Section 7.1.
2.3.2

D- Interfaces
- assumed communication model. – Section 3.2.5, assumes an RPC communication model
- how ebMS-independent – Section 3.2.5 describes RPC communication model, ebMS independent..with SOAP binding example
- schema for message data. – Appendix F..
and section 7.3

also need to break apart RPC messages from Test Service ebXML messages ( i.e. make 2 separate schemas )

E- General execution model
- how do we execute an entire test suite. -
Section 3.3.1
- possible outcomes for a test case, meaning for the test suite. – Section 7.1
- when a test has threads that don't join. –
Section 7.1.1
- best practices for Exception threads?
Method “how” described.. but no example – Section 7.1.1
(e.g. verify we get either an Acceptance or a Reject, but not both?) No examples in spec.  Suggest  creating sample Test Case performing “if”, “then” , “else” to accomplish illustrate handling this particular test case ( since there is no “orJoin”)