Subject: Vote on the Test Framework 1.1/2.0 Specification

Title: Minutes and next call April 5th

Jacques and all,

     I am ready to vote “yes” for the Test Framework specification.  However, I found a few details that

I want to  make clear in the spec before it is finalized:

1)       Any “exception” that appears in the 5th column of all of the “Definition of Content” tables in the specification  be relabeled to “system exception”.  And I suggest we add a stipulation be made in the specification that if any of these system exceptions occur, the Test Driver immediately ceases Test Case execution, with a final Test Case state ( or exitCondition ) of “undetermined”.  That is not currently specified.

2)       RPC definition for Test Service Notification interface also needs to include a reference/definition of  a“payloadVerificationNotify” method, in which results of the PayloadVerify operation are returned to the Test Driver via its Receive interface ( i.e. don’t send the results of your PaylodVerify Action by using a “payload” of the system you are testing.. send it via alternate channel as a notification ).  I’ve described the notification message in section 7.1.8.2 and Appendix F.. just have not added a method description and SOAP RPC example to section # 3.2.5.4.1

3)       Fix Table of Contents in PDF ( somehow it is corrupted in PDF version of specification )

That’s it,

Mike