Subject: RE: Vote on the Test Framework 1.1/2.0 Specification

Title: Minutes and next call April 5th
Mike:

Let us fix this before Monday:
I also need to review the details of your last sending.
So we will consider submitting for vote this Monday 19.

It is better we bring the spec to the level of quality we all feel comfortable with,
and for a document of this size, it is expected that reviews will produce defects...

From: Michael Kass [mailto:michael.kass@nist.gov]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 9:04 AM
To: Jacques Durand; ebXML IIC - main list (E-mail) (E-mail)
Cc: tsakach@certivo.net
Subject: Vote on the Test Framework 1.1/2.0 Specification

Jacques and all,

     I am ready to vote "yes" for the Test Framework specification.  However, I found a few details that

I want to  make clear in the spec before it is finalized:

1)       Any "exception" that appears in the 5th column of all of the "Definition of Content" tables in the specification  be relabeled to "system exception".  And I suggest we add a stipulation be made in the specification that if any of these system exceptions occur, the Test Driver immediately ceases Test Case execution, with a final Test Case state ( or exitCondition ) of "undetermined".  That is not currently specified.

2)       RPC definition for Test Service Notification interface also needs to include a reference/definition of  a"payloadVerificationNotify" method, in which results of the PayloadVerify operation are returned to the Test Driver via its Receive interface ( i.e. don't send the results of your PaylodVerify Action by using a "payload" of the system you are testing.. send it via alternate channel as a notification ).  I've described the notification message in section 7.1.8.2 and Appendix F.. just have not added a method description and SOAP RPC example to section # 3.2.5.4.1

3)       Fix Table of Contents in PDF ( somehow it is corrupted in PDF version of specification )

That's it,

Mike