Subject: minutes, and next call

Title: minutes, and next call

1. Minutes attached, confirming the approval of Mike as secretary: congratulations!

2. Next call:
Time: Monday June 14, 2004, 2pm PT
Host: Fujitsu
Toll only : 1-512-225-3050
Participant code: 716071

Agenda will follow, mostly a  follow-up on previous one.

Regards,

jacques
<<IIC_June_07_04_minutes.txt>>

Time: Monday June 7, 2004, 2pm PT
Host: Fujitsu
Toll only : 1-512-225-3050
Participant code: 716071

Attendees:

Michael Kass (NIST)
Monica Martin (Sun)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Pete Wenzel (SeeBeyond)
Jamie Clark (OASIS)

excused:
Jeff Turpin (Cyclone COmmerce)

Agenda :
1. News from Asia:
- Deployment Guideline from ECOM: the consortium is producing an ebMS depl guideline
based on IIC template (like EAN/UCC did). Asking us to consider approving it as com draft.
- Interop testing round from ECOM (see announce below).
ECOM will migrate progressively to the IIC test suite.
2. TC admin:
- Mike approved as secretary.
- Membership clean-up.
- Discuss logistics of our site, posting of draft, etc.

3. TestFramework 1.1 Follow-up on latest discussions, remaining points to discuss for the "simplification".
- the case for getting rid of Test Step (handling common settings / param for all ops? Context data such as FilterResults? others?).
- review of the notion of "Thread" and its semantics.
- How well that handles our use cases.
- any pending issue with BPSS test requirements,

4- Voting the The Test Plan doc "Alignment and Interoperability ebMS 2.0 Test Plan" that we did
for ETSI (based on IIC material):
- prepare it for a Committee draft. Please see latest doc uploaded on our site.

-------------- Action Items:

Monica: check current use cases for BPSS coverage.
Jacques: update the ETSI test plan for submission.
Mike: script language modification based on discussion. Update use cases scripts.

---------------- minutes:

1. News from Asia:
- ECOM will publish a deployment Guideline for ebMS, based on IIC template.
The TC is OK with voting it for Committee Draft, like done for EAN/UCC.
- ECOM and ebXML Asia are going to test the Korbit conformance test harness.
We expect that once automated conformance testing is available, orgs
like ECOM will revise their test interop suite and move to a 2-phase testing
(like ETSI is doing) and a lighter interop suite, based on IIC test suites.
- Mike: NIST version of automated test harness for ebMS conformance will
be downloadable for public in September. Today, about 100 test cases can run over
187 planned. No security testing yet. This is a local, standalone testbed
(no remote access from a Test Driver, like Korbit). It is also intended for
supporting RR and BPSS conformance.

2. TC admin:
- Mike has been voted (al most) unanimously secretary. Yes: 6, Abs:1. Voting members:
Jacques, Jeff, Serm, Pete, Monica, Himagiry, Mike.
- Jamie: rules for posting material on our site: generally, OASIS prefers to post pointers to
original material, to avoid copyright issues, (except for material that is contributed to OASIS.)
- when uploading 3rd party material, we must get authorization for posting, maintaining the doc uptodate.
- Advice to use Kave version control mechanism, for TFk revisions.
- Carol Geyer (carol.geyer@oasis-open.org) is our rsource for these issues.

3. TestFramework 1.1 Follow-up on latest discussions:
- Comments on Use Case #1:  why still SetPayload() used? Cant we manipulate payload directly
via the XML representation of the entire message, as we did for GetPayload()? Mike: yes we can try.
Advantage: knowledge on the message envelope (MIME here) does not have to be hardcoded in a
Test Driver  operation. Instead, we only have to define how the canonical XML representation of
any message, binds to a particular envelope (MIME or other) and also transport.
- that will keep us independent from a particular attachment representation (SwA, or other).
- Pete: that amounts to defining exensibility points. We can handle future envelope formats
by just adding bindings / env types. Instead of having to redefine the semantics of SetPayload plus
having to define the binding anyway (as replacement of GetPayload).
- Monica: current small changes in BPSS will not mandate changes in use cases. WSDL support may
need be considered in new use cases. Multi-party collab will also define "segments", which in turn
define some context visibility. Can we still define these scopes of visibility?
- Monica will review current use Cases, and check if (1) they cover enough of BPSS reqs, (2) check
if there is any need for "loops" (e.g. retries, and while-do- )
- removal of Test Step concept: as long as threads can compose as well, is OK.
- Assertion op is loosing its context (FilterResult). But we can assign FilterResults to parameters,
so we can then reference them in Assertions. Several of them may need be referenced anyway, not just
the latest produced.

4. ETSI test Plan:
- Group is OK with considering it as committee draft for vote. THis will serve as a reference
for other users of the IIC test material (suite and harness).
- Will use same IPR as for EAN deployt guidelines, and jsut finalize the previous edits from Jamie,
as currently posted on our site. Jamie will send to Jacques an editable version.
- Pete:  a few changes are required: copyright date, formatting of tables, some cross-references are bad.
Jacques will edit.