Subject: Re: [ebxml-iic] Latest Update to Test Framework posted to IIC Documents site

Title: call Monday July 26
Jacques,

 I addressed your comments below, and have modified the document for the next release.

Mike
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 4:14 PM

Could not send these comments before (had email problems):

(will have more to send later)

------------Introduction:

1.1. : totally inappropriate! (an import from interop test suite spec !!)

Would rather propose:  "This document describes a test framework for automatically running test suites for - but not limited to - ebXML specifications. The framework includes an architecture design based on components that can be combined and distributed in different ways, to accommodate different test harnesses. It also includes an extensible test scripting language for coding test suites in an executable way. It can accommodate third-party plug-ins, that would perform advanced verifications for example on message material (e.g. semantic verification using rule engine), or that would help build testing material (e.g. digital signature)."

[MIKE] - Changed 1.1 to your suggested text

---------- Section 2:

In 2.1:

- retitle as "Objectives", add two subsections

(2.1.1 "General", and new 2.1.2 "Usage Requirements", to be insrted in Line 258)

[MIKE] - Done

- Need bullet lists.

- XMI-based --> XML-based

- add "An objective in specifying this test framework, is that test suites for

future ebXML versions can be written that will run on all implementations of this framework."

[MIKE] - Done

---------- Section 3:

- section 3.1.1 should be structured as a bullet list.

[MIKE] - Done