Subject: FW: NICTIZ ebXCML documents, input for new ebXML ballot cycle

Jacques and others,

This email message refers to work I did (in my non-OASIS time) for a
organization that is building a national e-Health project in the Netherlands
which was until quite recently considering a switch from a proprietary SOAP
transport to ebXML Messaging.  My work was heavily based on the IIC
template.  According to this email, this work is now in the public domain,
so if you're interested, feel free to look at it.

Note that one of the things we did was to split the "ebMS adapter"
functionality from the "ebMS" profile functionality, for reasons outlined in
the documentation referenced. I noted you've recently modified the template
and am looking for some spare time to provide my feedback to it ..

Pim

-----Original Message-----
From: Rene Spronk (Ringholm) [mailto:rene.spronk@ringholm.com]
Sent: 08 May 2005 18:28
To: 'transports@lists.hl7.org'; Paul A. Knapp; judith.kitching@npfit.nhs.uk;
Pim van der Eijk

During discussion of the HL7 ebXML transport specification the
Noordwijkerhout WGM it was suggested by me that the NICTIZ Implementation
Specifications for ebXML would be of great help to the revision process of
the ebXML DSTU.

NICTIZ takes the enlightened position (and I'm sure we're all grateful for
this) that all document paid for by taxpayers money have to be in the public
domain. Here's the link:

http://www.hl7.org/Library/Committees/cq/NICTIZ%5FebXML%5Fspecification%2Ezi

This ZIP contains 2 files:
-An implementation profile for ebXML implementers, this is an implementation
specification using an ebXML template. The new ebXML DSTU should probably
follow this very same layout to cater to ebXML implementers.
-A separate document describing HL7 v3 specific issues related to ebXML.

Notes:
-The "ZIM" referenced in these documents is the collective name for a series
of nationally centralized applications.
-A "GBZ" is any other system which communicates with the ZIM.
-At this point in time NICTIZ has opted to use its own variation of a
SOAP/WSDL based transport protocol for projects in 2005/2006, i.e. ebXML
won't be used by NICTIZ in the short term.
-The listed author of these documents was hired as a consultant by NICTIZ to
create these documents - he may (or may not) have the time to respond to
aditional questions by the HL7 community.

If parts of this document end up in the new ebXML ballot it would be nice if
the NICTIZ work were to be referenced.

It would be nice if we could also get hold of the spec BT is using in the
UK, to ensure that feedback from various projects can be incorporated in the
new material.

TTYL,

-Rene

Rene Spronk                         Phone: +31(0)655 363 446
Senior Consultant                     Fax: +31(0)30 695 6915
Ringholm GmbH                                The Netherlands
http://www.ringholm.com       mailto:Rene.Spronk@ringholm.nl
Ringholm GmbH Integration Consulting - Making Standards Work