Subject: Re: [ebxml-iic] RE: IIC 11/2/2005: Starting on ebBPProfile...ComplexBTA and Patt erns

> durand: So we'll try to isolate and abstract the different aspects of
> a profiling of bus transactions - the material below will help, but
> there are certainly aspects that are more related to ebBP itself.
>
> Is that fair to say that a deployment profile of ebBP by a user
> community might have three major parts:
> 1- the type and parameters of bus transactions (UMM level)

mm1: The UMM + operational semantics (that evidence a template for
business transactions). Operational semantics found in v2.0.1.

> 2- conventions of representation in ebBP (use of particular signals,
> doc envelope conventions, relationship with CPA...)

mm1: Yes + profile of selections on preferred operational semantics
selected.  For example, that signals RA and AA will be used for xx
pattern for request.

> 3- deployment and artifact management aspects (validation,
> distribution, etc.)

mm1: Yes. This touches on aspects that may be outside of the scope of
ebBP but important nonetheless. For example, the logical business
documents may be assembled and which Specification (boundary of the
'document') may be influenced by an external document, such as UBL Small
Business Subset.

What you don't have here which is very important are the more complex
compositional aspects of Business Collaboration. That is more than
business transactions, it is their composition and use geared toward the
expectation of the parties involved, recognizing the roles and other
constraints involved (transitions, conditions, semantic relevance, etc).