Subject: Re: [ebxml-iic] FW: starting a thread on upgrading test casescripting

Hi Jacques

This looks very interesting.

Stephen Green of the UBL TC just provided a starting set of Universal
Business Processes, that use general UBL or the Small Business Subset
(SBS) of UBL.

The Universal Business Processes includes the following business
documents of UBL 1.0:

Order
Order Response
Order Response Simple
Order Change
Order Cancellation
Despatch Advice
Receipt Advice
Invoice

and the following business processes are provided:

Create Order - not allowing for order modification by seller
Create Order - allowing for order modification by seller
Change Order - not allowing for order modification by seller
Change Order - allowing for order modification by seller
Cancel Order - not allowing for denial or acceptance response
Cancel Order - allowing denial or acceptance response
Forward Order - sending as a notification, without response
Forward Order Response - sending as a notification, without further
response
Forward Order Response Simple - sending as a notification, without
further response
Forward Order Change - sending as a notification, without response
Notify Despatch - sending as a notification, without response
Notify Receipt - sending as a notification, without response
Present Invoice - sending as a notification, without response

The business processes use business signals but no timers (could be
added for IIC interop)

The business processes include just a single business transaction. The
reasoning behind this is that it is the basic on which everyone can
agree. It provides for the highest chance of adoption and just takes
high complexity out of the picture and thus allows even the small guys
to participate. If an industry or trading partners want to build
complexer business collaborations they can do so by reusing the given
business transactions into whatever they want.

Obviously the Universal Business Processes are not sufficient to
thoroughly test complex business collaborations. For those tests
complexer business collaborations should be build.

Unfortunately I do not know enough about the IIC interop setup but with
the given Universal Business Language 1.0 ebBP 2.0.1 Business Process
Definitions you would have "real world" business processes and "real
world" XML business documents.

Something to consider for ebXML IIC ;)

Regards

Sacha