Subject: ebBP / IIC 6/19/2006: Updated ebBP Template Profile for Comment

ebBP and IIC teams,
While I await some comments from Stephen Green on this template, I've
added updates of my own and also have a few questions to discuss in
tomorrow's call.

In this updated template, I've (redlines in tracked changes):

   1. Added Business Signals as a module (wasn't listed previously).
   2. Completed some editorial cleanup with table breaks and the like.
   3. Added a front end statement about using the well-formedness rules
      and pattern matrices as they give guidance to users of this
      profile.* **Is this sufficient to guide community users or do
      these statements need to be specific to the modules created?***
   4. Separated business documents from attachments. In the future, I'd
      expect we may have changes for attachments and consider a Common
      Characteristics section.
   5. Broke out two sections for composition in BC and BT sections (as
      it affects both).
   6. ***Moved section on composing complex business collaboration
      activities to later in the document. Added a reference on
      composability in Section 3.2.5 that forward reference. Do I need a
      short table in Section 3.2.5?***

***Note, that my open question is if there is any utility in creating a
section on Common Characteristics for Business Collaborations (which I
have done for Business Transactions, Signals, etc)? One possible example
why this may be a profiling item (and good for reusability) is - Each BC
can have only one BTA. This is presuming a community like UBL will
compose its collaborations further rather than using complex business
collaborations.**
*
I'd like feedback on the changes and on the questions raised (marked
with **...** above). Dale is reviewing the schema references I provided
as a cross-check; Stephen is to send updates he mentioned in 13 June
2006 call.

Thanks.

Updated template is shown at:

    ebBP: