Subject: RE: [ebxml-jc] ebXML jc meeting notes

Sorry I couldn't make this call due to travel.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Moberg [mailto:dmoberg@cyclonecommerce.com]
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 1:06 PM
To: ebxml-jc@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ebxml-jc] ebXML jc meeting notes

Please send additions and corrections to the
list and/or to me. Dale Moberg.

==================

The ebxml jc had its first teleconference November 16.

Attending:
Karl
Dale
Brian
Ian
Colleen
Jeff

Absent:
Lisa
Nikola
Philippe
Aynur

The group ratified its charter, and voted to make
its mailing list public.

Ian asked several
detailed questions concerning
delays between submissions.
Karl provided clarification of
Oasis policies on submissions
and timing.

Some issues connected with coordinating submissions
of the TC ebXML versions were also discussed,
without any definitive resolution.

Discussion occurred about ways in which
the ebXML Oasis TC groups might benefit from interaction.

Dale mentioned that we might invite representatives
from other TCs
(that seem to be relevant)
to meetings to discover whether
interaction might be useful and feasible.
Once relevance was established,
other TC representatives
might become members of the ebXML-jc.

Dale asked what ways Oasis TCs might consult with other
standards groups to coordinate activities and avoid overlap.
Dale asked whether Oasis specifications could be provided
to other groups developing related specifications to help
reduce overlap or enhance reuse. In particular, could
Oasis specs be sent to W3C as notes? Who had authority
to do so? Karl revealed that the answers to these
questions were not yet matters of any stated policy.

Dale also asked about IPR policies, and whether OASIS
had resolved the issues now being discussed at W3C
about RAND and RF. Ian and others asked for clarification
of how the SOAP IPR situation currently stood, and how
an OASIS specification based on SOAP could be implemented,
for example.

Should there be some information about how to contact parties
making IPR claims concerning protocols and specifications
underlying OASIS specifications? Many related questions were
raised by Colleen and Brian.

(Aside: In reviewing, this it looks
like our JC's first invitee should be a lawyer!).

The JC decided to have teleconferences twice a month initially.
Dale is to send out details for the next teleconference.