Subject: [ebxml-jc] ebXML tech mtgs in Barcelona

ebXML chairs:

Based on the your responses that your TCs would not be able to meet in
Barcelona in May we've scaled back our plans for ebXML meetings that
week. So while we won't be having a meeting on the scale of the phase
one quarterly meetings, we still want to have some smaller liaison
meetings with our ebTWG counterparts.

While we won't ask (or require!) you to have TC meetings in Barcelona
that week, I'd like for you to urge key members of your TCs to be there
so that each of your TCs is represented in liaison meetings that we will
set up with ebTWG. (We'll want at least someone from each TC to make a
presentation at the ebXML conference track that is part of XML Europe
2002, so they'll have to be there that week anyway.)

As part of the week's technical meetings we will also set up the Joint
Architecture and Joint Marketing committees, so we need to make sure
that the OASIS TCs are represented.

The ebXML Joint Coordinating Committee (the joint OASIS/CEFACT
managament of the ebXML project) would like to call these liaison
meetings in Barcelona an official ebXML meeting. I'll give you more
information as it becomes available.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations