Subject: FW: Versioning and Compatibility Issues from ebXML JC

Hi,

Pete is soliciting input on an old issue we submitted to the OASIS
Technical Advisory Board.
I think the origin of the request was in the messaging TC, but it is
relevant to all of us in ebXML TCs.

I can act as aggregator for the JC of any additional requirements and
comments, and send them to Pete.
So post comments and requirements to your TC list and CC me, and I will
bundle everything up and send it from the ebXML Joint Committee to the
TAB.

Thanks,
Dale Moberg

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Wenzel [mailto:pete@seebeyond.com]
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 9:42 AM
To: Dale Moberg

Hello, Dale.  The TAB received this request from the ebXML JC some time
back, and we are now in a position to make some progress on it. Do you
have any further input (additional requirements or suggested
implementation ideas) on the schema versioning/documentation standard
issue?

As to the second point, the TAB is developing a flexible map or model of
the standards landscape, and it is my feeling that this can be used to
capture the compatibility relationships desired.  We will take this as
input into the design of its infrastructure.

Thanks,

--Pete (OASIS TAB co-chair)
Pete Wenzel <pete@seebeyond.com>
Senior Architect, SeeBeyond