Subject: Re: [ebxml-jc] submit to ISO?

Dale, Ian, Kathryn:

If there's additional errata documents please send them (or links) to me
asap. I would like to get the submission completed soon.

I don't believe that TS is the same as TR. TS is one step below IS
(Int'l Std); the reason we are applying for TS is that it takes a lot
less time than an IS (5 months instead of 11). I'm a bit concerned that
the specs are already more than a year old and don't want them outdated
before we get them approved. The purpose of submitting them is to give
them extra status and hence promote their adoption, but if they're out
of date then they won't get implemented.

Ian: I still need some sort of note from you that the Msg TC has no
objections to the submission.

-Karl

Dale Moberg wrote:
> Karl wrote:
>
> "We will submit the PDFs of the specs which are available at
> http://www.oasis-open.org/specs/index.php, so there's nothing else that
> you need to do there. But if your TC has errata then I would appreciate
> your contacting me right away (by tomorrow, please)"
>

> Dale> Yes, it has errata.
>
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-cppa/documents/ebCPP-2_0-Erra
> ta.php
>
> "letting me know that
> you have errata that you would like
> to accompany the submission and when
> you will be able to give that to me."
>
> Dale> There was a third errata approved today, and a fourth pending.
> Let me know when you need them.
>

> "I also still need to hear from the Messaging and CPPA TCs assuarance
> the
> that TC has no objection to OASIS submitting the specs to ISO; this
> could be links to meeting minutes or a statement from the chair. (I
> already have this from Registry TC.)"
>
> Dale>
> At today's meeting no objections were offered to OASIS submitting the
> specifications to ISO.
>
> However, one question was asked: "Is the Technical Standard (TS) the
> same thing as Technical Report?
> Some felt that Technical Report status might create a suspicion that the
> document had failed to be
> approved as a standard. Perhaps you could address this concern.

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org