Subject: Re: [ebxml-jc] Proposed discussion items at next meeting, wheneverscheduled (2004?)

In regards to the first item, the TAB is planning a two-day symposium to
discuss web service topics, and we'll probably also have a chance for
co-located TC meetings at the same venue. This is for either the week of
5 April or 26 April (the latter more likely), and in either Memphis or
New Orleans (latter more likely). More details as they become available...

-Karl

Monica J. Martin wrote:
> Dale Moberg wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have two items for discussion at the next JC.
>>
>> 1. Would it be useful to attempt to coordinate an ebXML 2004 TC
>> conference where all TCs meet during (portions of) one week?
>> Because there are potentially areas of overlap in interests (Messaging
>> and CPPA, CPPA and BPSS, IIC and everyone,  Registry and CPPA,BPSS)
>> meetings would need to be scheduled to overlap to some degree for joint
>> meetings.
>>
>> But because several participants are in multiple groups, the schedules
>> would also need to be staggered for other time intervals. Also groups
>> need to have dedicated time to work on their own distinctive problems.
>>
>> Would the resulting schedule be too difficult to create given all the
>> constraints?
>>

> mm1: Yes, good idea for the spring.
>
>> 2. An OASIS TC, WS-CAF, met in Waltham MA last week. WS-CAF ambitiously
>> plans to develop both Coordination and ( a family of) Transaction
>> protocols, as well as a lower level "Context" service/SOAP-header-block.
>> ebBP (BPSS) may wish to consider coordination with this group, and ebXML
>> Messaging may wish to consider coordination with this group for its 3.x
>> major release (when SOAP 1.2 and SOAP 1.2 based web services will
>> probably be allowed as a simple case of ebXML Messaging). Some areas of
>> interaction/integration: BPSS signal approach being extended to allow
>> message traffic devoted to coordination and/or the (3 and counting)
>> variants of Transaction. This assumes that ebBP is compatible with web
>> services (specifically, WSDL (2.0)specified SOAP interchanges). We may
>> wish to invite one or more of the chairs to discuss integration points
>> at some point. This could be done at JC level or at TC level, however.
>> The Context service has functionality similar to the "ConversationID"
>> functionality found in ebXML Messaging 2.0.
>>

> mm1: This is a good idea and not unforeseen. This has already been
> broached as an idea. We should bring up liaisons in the ebBP not 15
> December but the other meeting before the end of the year.
>

>> To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster
>> of the OASIS TC), go to
>> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-jc/members/leave_workgroup.php.

> the OASIS TC), go to
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-jc/members/leave_workgroup.php.

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org