Subject: ebXML JC telecon for Feb. 25, 2004

Our next ebXML JC telecon is scheduled for February 25th at 9:00 am PT.

Proposed Agenda:
1. Chair rotation :-)
2. Versioning and compatibility matrix
3. Marketing ebXML
4. Other issues

Please let me know if there are additional items that should be
discussed that I have forgotten!  Here is the telecon info:

Telecon Number: 425-717-7000
Passcode: 22121#
Conference Operator number in case you have problems: 206-655-2254

Notes from our telecon on Feb. 11th (I apologize for getting these out
so late!)

Attendees:
Dale
Kathryn
Monica
Ian
Jamie
Jacques
Guest: Carol Geyer

1. Versioning and compatibility matrix - Jacques reviewed the matrix
with the JC.  A primary purpose of the matrix is for implementers to
determine the compatibilities between specifications as well as the
versions of those specifications.  It will also address backward
compatibility within versions of the same spec.  Jacques asked the JC to
review the matrix and determine if the format is correct.  Also the
annotation of specifications which provides a common way to annotate
across the specs.  This may be in the form of an appendix in each
specification.  The compatibility matrix will also provide a set of
relationships between specifications and their versions.  The JC was
asked to review the matrix with their TCs and send comments to Jacques.

2. Marketing ebXML - Carol Geyer joined us to talk about marketing
ebXML.  There have been many people in the background working on this.
Monica was commended on keeping the implementations matrix up to date
and providing the information for this resource.  The JC discussed the
process for proposing a Marketing TC.  Jamie sent out a straw horse to
provide a starting point for a draft charter for a Marketing TC.  The JC
was asked to review this document, and send prospects for a Marketing TC
to Jamie or Carol.

3. OASIS Symposium - The committee has received a large number of
proposals, and has been reviewing them.  They should have a program
roughed out in the near future.  Based on the quality and number of
proposals, there should be a good turnout and many interesting
presentations.

Kathryn

Kathryn Breininger
CENTRAL Project Manager