Subject: call this Wednesday

Title: call this Wednesday

Time: Wed, May 12, 9am-10am PT
Host: Fujitsu
Toll only : 1-512-225-3050
Participant code: 385218#

Agenda (please let me know if additions):

1- OASIS symposium follow-up
- CEFACT update

2- Marketing ebXML: follow-up.
- promotional activities that leverage companies resources today (status)

- best structure for supporting marketing? marketing TC / member section .

3- ebXML TC Coordination :
- Role of TCs vs ebSOA vs JC.
- Clarification on role of ebSOA: how much of ebXML architecture handled in SOA, vs WS integration.

Regards,
Jacques

<<ebxml-jc_minutes-Telecon-April-21-04.txt>>

Time: Wed, April 21- April 28 (f-2-f),
Host: Fujitsu

Agenda:

1- Marketing ebXML: follow-up.
- promotional activities that leverage companies resources today (status)
- the marketing TC approach.

2- ebXML TC Coordination :
- Overall 3.0 roadmap, positioning w/r/ Web services
- Coordination objectives (integration / coordination)

3- Others
- OASIS symposium update
- Versioning and compatibility matrix

Attendees April 21:

Dale,
Monica,
Jacques,
Ian,

Attendees April 28:

Dale,
Monica,
Kathryn,
Jacques,
Ian,
Jamie,
Karl,
Duane

1- Marketing ebXML: update

- We'll discuss at New Orleans for the member section option.
- move this agenda item after teh others.
- Need to decide what to promote in priority: (1) member section,
(2) marketing contributions in kind. The point is, even if we get marketing resources,
there has to be the structure to use it and implement marketing decisions (e.g. maintain
a Web site.) Ultimately, member companies have to contribute their staff and resources
in kind.

2- ebXML TC Coordination / Architecture strategy

- ebSOA will need to be aware of other TCs roadmap, so that it is up-to-date.
- BPSS has a 3.0 roadmap: about 20 items (if normative, Duane should be informed )
- CPA: will evolve based on its extensibility points: can accommodate other messaging.
- Ian will give ebSOA a heads-up on roadmap.
- ebSOA charter: ebXML architecture or more than that and how much more (e.g. WS integration)?
There is already a lot to do on just ebXML architecture, and other TCs may have
to think this thru when designing 3.0.
- we'll hve meeting at N.O. to discuss this.
- CPA and BPSS have a joint meeting at N.O.
- Integration points are still fuzzy between ebXML specs. There has to be better
coordination/alignment for 3.0.

3- Versioning and compatibility matrix:

- We could transsfer this item to ebSOA if that falls under their charter. At this point,
we need to understand further the usage of this compatibility matrix to design it further.

4- New Orleans.

- the ebSOA chair (Duane Nickull) is invited to join the JC.
No opposition, no abstention, resolution accepted.
- the JC gets an update of the CEFACT situation from Karl. Dialog resumed.