Subject: RE: [ebxml-jc] revised charter

I have not been receiving e-mail from the jc list, unless it has been
sent by Karl, apparently.  Is the mail to me being bounced that the rest
of you have been sending?

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl F. Best [mailto:karl.best@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 2:17 PM
To: Jacques Durand
Cc: 'ebxml-jc@lists.oasis-open.org'

Jacques Durand wrote:
> Here is a revised draft, consolidating on latest reviews
> (Monica/Kathryn/Carol)
> where I have tried to address most of the sharp comments from Carol.
>
> Remain some issues like:
>
> - (under SCOPE) Funding: can the TC have its own bank account? Or
> should it only facilitate the direct funding of activities by member
> companies and other contributors? Assuming the latter.

No. An OASIS TC is not a legal entity so may not have its own bank
account. Having no money it may not even have its own budget. To have a
budget (with the money held by OASIS) it would have to be a member
section; we've had this discussion before.

The only thing allowable in this respect would be for the TC to seek
resources (in kind or money) to be spent directly by the contributor.
For example, if you need money to pay for brochures, then instead of
asking for money you would ask for someone to have some brochures
printed.

-Karl