Subject: RE: [ebxml-jc] discussion list, ebxml mktg ...

Title: RE: [ebxml-jc] discussion list, ebxml mktg ...

I see. So let us separate more clearly the concerns and only talk of the discussion list and its role.
How about:

"A new forum is being formed to facilitate and promote the ebXML
(Electronic Business eXtensible Markup Language) specifications, and their adoption and deployment.
In a first phase, a group mixing marketing, PR and technical expertise would gather informally and
discuss possible actions. One objective is to determine if and when a more formal team needs be created under OASIS - a Technical Committee for ebXML marketing, promotion and adoption - and if yes, to make a proposal for it. An OASIS discussion mailing list will be created for this purpose.

The first step is to sign-up to the OASIS discussion list, so please let us know if you or someone else in your company is willing to participate to this forum, at least for the investigation phase.

If the creation of a new "ebXML Adoption" TC is recommended, this TC is expected to work with ebXML Joint Committee (JC), OASIS communications, current and future OASIS ebXML TCs and other organizations supporting or deploying ebXML specifications."

If the members want to discuss more concrete and immediate actions, we'll suggest
they keep it off the discussion list and use other venues to coordinate this.

Jacques

-----Original Message-----
From: James Bryce Clark [mailto:jamie.clark@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 1:43 PM
To: karl.best@oasis-open.org; JDurand@us.fujitsu.com
Cc: mattm@adobe.com; ebxml-jc@lists.oasis-open.org;
carol.geyer@oasis-open.org

     We need to have OASIS policies (which protect members, as well as
users of our work) apply to anything produced by our groups.  As our rules
currently are written, this means all deliverables should done in TCs, and
not (by nonmembers) in discussion groups.  As Karl points out you're free
to use those opportunities for other unofficial coordination as
well.  Jacques, is there a specific activity you want to conduct that's
thwarted by this?  How can we help?  Regards  JBC