Subject: RE: discussion list creation

Title: Message
All:

Here is then the proposed info for Karl to create the new list.
Please verify content. If I don't hear from you by tomorrow, that is what I would ask Karl to use for initiating this
discussion list. The names of other people who responded to a previous call for participation, would
be added as first subscribers.

Jacques

--------------------------

1. The name of the discussion list:
ebxml-adoption

2. A preliminary statement of scope for the TC  (see below):

3. The names, electronic mail addresses of creators:
names in the JC list (chairs and co-chairs of the ebXMLTCs)

4. Name of list moderator:
Matt McKenzie.

------------------------- start of statement of scope (inspired from draft charter)

A new forum is being formed to facilitate and promote the adoption of ebXML
(Electronic Business eXtensible Markup Language) specifications, and
their deployment. A concrete outcome of this forum will be a recommendation on whether
or not to create an ebXML Adoption Technical Committee (TC) under OASIS.

The new TC would not create technical specifications, but would create promotional, explanatory and
marketing materials related to the implementation and adoption of ebXML. The overall goals are:
· To provide a forum for collaboration on facilitating the promotion and adoption of ebXML specifications produced by OASIS and UN/CEFACT.
· To promote the worldwide adoption of ebXML OASIS Standards (ISO 15000) and ebXML specifications through marketing awareness and education programs.

Examples of supporting activities within the scope of this TC are:

1. Maintaining www.ebxml.org <http://www.ebxml.org> as a resource for relevant, accurate information:
-Identifying links to materials authored by third parties.
- Maintaining Implementations list and Adoption Update
- Advising OASIS staff regarding the look and feel of the site.

2. Creating a vendor- and industry-neutral ebXML Users Council (or similar entity) for the
balanced promotion of use of ebXML technologies and methodologies.

3. Supporting conference participation by creating a repository of promotional material,
identifying speakers, providing presentation materials,
coordinating stand-alone events and tracks within conferences.

4. Assisting in the coordination and promotion of OASIS Interoperability demonstrations involving ebXML

5. Identifying the need for materials to support adoption, such as white papers, implementation guidelines,
best practices, etc. The TC will then identify and solicit contributors from the originating ebXML TCs,
who can help produce this material.

6. Producing data sheets and/or brochures for distribution at conferences, seminars and other meetings.

7. Gather market data or project data worldwide, in a consistent way, and relay business and market requirements
to the ebXML technical committees.

The new TC could also work to align with relevant efforts of other organizations, such as RosettaNet, the Open Applications Group Inc.
(OAGI) and the United Nations Centre for Trade Facilitation and eBusiness (UN/CEFACT) organization. Organizations developing or
promoting ebXML methodologies will be invited to participate subject to  OASIS rules.

Although the TC will not act as an accounting entity and will not have proper funds,  it may solicit resources and contributions
from its members and outside its membership, for the direct funding of its activities.

The TC will not publish normative public guidance about existing ebXML specifications that contradicts the approved texts.
It may gather new requirements, suggestions for change or extension, but these will be first submitted to the relevant originating TC,
and then both TCs will cooperate on proposing appropriate deployment guidelines that address these shortcomings,
expressed in a manner that does not undermine the approved specifications.
------------------------- end of statement