Subject: ebxml-adopt discussion list

Title: ebxml-adopt discussion list

Karl:

Here is the list of initial participants / sponsors for the discussion list :

Matthew MacKenzie, mattm@adobe.com
Monica J. Martin, monica.martin@sun.com.
Dale Moberg, dmoberg@cyclonecommerce.com
Jacques Durand, JDurand@us.fujitsu.com

I have not heard any comment on the revised statement below:
if there is none I guess we can initiate this list?

Thanks,

Jacques

------------------ statement:

 A new forum is being formed to facilitate and promote the adoption of ebXML
 (Electronic Business eXtensible Markup Language) specifications, and
 their deployment. A concrete outcome of this forum will be a recommendation on whether
 or not to create an ebXML Adoption Technical Committee (TC) under OASIS.

Assuming a recommendation for a new TC is made by the group, it is important to note that its activity
is more promotional than technical: unlike most other OASIS TCs, no technical specification is expected.

 The new TC would create promotional, explanatory and marketing materials related to the implementation
and adoption of ebXML. The overall goals are:
 · To provide a forum for collaboration on facilitating the promotion and adoption of ebXML specifications
produced by OASIS and UN/CEFACT.
 · To promote the worldwide adoption of ebXML OASIS Standards (ISO 15000) and ebXML specifications
through marketing awareness and education programs.

 The new TC could also work to align with relevant efforts of other organizations, such as RosettaNet,
the Open Applications Group Inc. (OAGI) and the United Nations Centre for Trade Facilitation and eBusiness
(UN/CEFACT), or any other organization developing or promoting ebXML methodologies.

The group will also discuss resources and contributions (in-kind or not) for the future TC, from its members and outside its membership.

-------- end of statement.