Subject: RE: ebxml-adopt discussion list

Title: RE: ebxml-adopt discussion list

Karl:

2 changes:
- Kathryn has to be added to the list
- the moderator of the list is Mat MacKenzie (not me)

Thx,

Jacques

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl F. Best [mailto:karl.best@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 6:34 AM
To: Jacques Durand
Cc: 'ebxml-jc@lists.oasis-open.org'

Jacques:

OK everyone, here's the announcement that I will send out at the end of
day today to announce the formation of a new discussion list. Please let
me know right away if you do not want your name listed on the announcement.

And, what other email lists should I send this to? Anything at CEFACT?
(And if it's a list that I can't post to, would one of you forward the
announcement?)

-Karl

====================================
To:
members@lists.oasis-open.org
tc-announce@lists.oasis-open.org
ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org

Upon the request by three or more eligible participants, I have created
an OASIS Discussion List whose purpose is discussing the possible
creation of one or more OASIS Technical Committees on the subject of
promoting the adoption of ebXML. The proposal is appended to this message.

The discussion list may last up to 90 days. The participants in the
discussion list should decide if there is sufficient interest to form an
OASIS TC, then write a proposal to start the TC (including the TC
charter) and select a convener.

In order to participate in this discussion you should subscribe to the
discussion list by sending a message to
ebxml-adoption-discuss-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org.

OASIS membership is not required in order to subscribe to this list. If
you do not wish to subscribe but wish to monitor the discussion you may
view the list archives at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-adoption-discuss

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org

Discussion List Name:

ebXML Adoption Discussion

Statement of Scope:

A new forum is being formed to facilitate and promote the adoption of
ebXML (Electronic Business eXtensible Markup Language) specifications,
and their deployment. A concrete outcome of this forum will be a
recommendation on whether or not to create an ebXML Adoption Technical
Committee (TC) under OASIS.

Assuming a recommendation for a new TC is made by the group, it is
important to note that its activity is more promotional than technical:
unlike most other OASIS TCs, no technical specification is expected.

The new TC would create promotional, explanatory and marketing materials
related to the implementation and adoption of ebXML. The overall goals are:
* To provide a forum for collaboration on facilitating the promotion and
adoption of ebXML specifications produced by OASIS and UN/CEFACT.
* To promote the worldwide adoption of ebXML OASIS Standards (ISO 15000)
and ebXML specifications through marketing awareness and education programs.

The new TC could also work to align with relevant efforts of other
organizations, such as RosettaNet, the Open Applications Group Inc.
(OAGI) and the United Nations Centre for Trade Facilitation and
eBusiness (UN/CEFACT), or any other organization developing or promoting
ebXML methodologies.

The group will also discuss resources and contributions (in-kind or not)
for the future TC, from its members and outside its membership.

Proposed by:

Matthew MacKenzie, Adobe, mattm@adobe.com
Monica J. Martin, Sun Microsystems, monica.martin@sun.com.
Dale Moberg, Cyclone Commerce, dmoberg@cyclonecommerce.com