Subject: Notes from ebXML JC telecon October 27th

Attendees:
Jacques
Dale
Monica
Kathryn
Ian

1. ebXML adoption list activity: We reviewed some of the e-mail activity
on the ebXML adoption list.  We noted that the list has been very active
and that there was quite a bit of discussion in a variety of areas.  The
draft charter was sent as an example or a starting point for the list to
think about.

2. Integration between versions of specs: We discussed the need to map
between versions of the specs.  The role of WSDL in the specs was
brought up.  How does WSDL relate to the specs and interoperability.
CPA may refer to WSDL or there may be a standard that is referenced.  We
determined that the role of the JC would be as coordinator and
facilitator for ensuring that the appropriate groups get together to
discuss issues of interoperability and issues affecting other specs.  It
was suggested that generally this would involve ensuring that the
appropriate TCs and tech folks get together to work out any issues
outside of JC calls.

3. XML 2004, IPR discussion:  David Webber is coordinating an interop
demo at XML 2004, which will incorporate the ebXML specs.  Jacques' TC
will also be doing a demo.  Kathryn briefly reviewed her notes from the
OASIS TC process and IPR policy telecon discussion.  Members of the JC
have concerns for their TC members who are individual members of OASIS
and the IPR policy in general.  All were encouraged to send concerns to
the comments list for the IPR policy and the TC process.

4. ebXML White paper: Monica will re-send her draft outline for review.
Others were encouraged to work on their outlines as well.

5. Next meeting will be November 10th.  Jacques will set up the telecon
and send a meeting agenda. (right?)

Kathryn Breininger
CENTRAL Project Manager
Emerging Technologies