Subject: 1/12/2005: ebxml-jc Meeting Minutes 12 January 2005

ebxml-jc Teleconference 12 January 2005

Present:
Breininger
Durand
Jones
Moberg
Martin

Regrets:
None

Agenda
1. ebXML adoption initiative - and user community requirements
channeling (Durand)

Durand: Postings occurred in December 2004 from Ed Dodds (who created a
Google user group). Group may be created to enable non-OASIS members.
Durand will follow-up with Dodds. Fujitsu has a marketing expert that is
available to be a chair. TC must be chaired by invested OASIS company
rather than a consultant. List was active for 90 days.
Martin: Handled through Jamie Clark?
Durand: Yes. We don't have a list moderator.
Martin: Could the Fujitsu expert serve as the moderator?
Durand: Yes. That could be possible. We've not received comments on
charter draft.
Breininger: That chair could be invited to be part of the ebxml-jc.

Agreed by all.

Moberg: Assistance is available from Joe Speed.

2. Follow-up on integration and functional separation between specs -
e.g. BPSS / MS for "receipts" (Martin)

Martin: There have been meetings between v2.1 CPPA and v2.0 ebBP about
alignment. Progress is being made.
Jones: Will put on agenda for ebMS.
Martin: What is v3.0 status?
Moberg: Haven't gotten critical mass for ebMS F2F.
Martin: Can we put this on next ebxml-jc meeting?
Jones: Yes.

3. White paper
(Jacques, can you set the baseline and send me what you have?) Durand
will send the white paper outline.
Registry, CPPA, ebMS need to submit an outline.

4. Other events, InterOp demos (Durand/Martin update)

Durand: Pim van der Eijk and Andy Moir are working on a project plan.
They want to set up interoperability event for OASIS conference in
Amsterdam in 2005. They may be vertical industry focused. OASIS is
looking for interop participants for other OASIS
standards/specifications. This timing is compressed
and uncertain if they can coordinate such an event this quickly. Need to
determine ebMS vertical profile. Some choreography may also be required.
Martin: Ask Moir and vanderEijk to attend upcoming ebXML-jc. Distribute
latest plans to ebxml-jc.
Durand: Draft test plan exists and is posted on ebXML-IIC site that
defines public and private events.

5. Other business
a. ebSOA status and ebXML JC
Martin: What is status?
Breininger: There is still an ebSOA. Form new TC for higher level SOA
reference model. There would be separate liaising TCs. Someone will take
over as chair for ebSOA; there seems to be critical TC mass as well.
Will participate in both SOA and ebSOA. Suggest collaboration between
ebSOA, SOA and ebxml-jc.
Moberg: SOA will not document ebXML architecture. It is relevant but
will not have an influence presumably. Some participants in ebSOA didn't
want to be constrained to ebXML.
Durand: We are concerned about the direction being taken with SOA. We
will participate in ebSOA.
Moberg: I am surprised other large companies are not pushing back on an
SOA TC.

ACTIONS:
MARTIN: Query Clark whether the list expires this month for
ebxml-adoption initiative.
BREININGER, MOBERG, JONES: Provide outline for white paper for their
specification.
DURAND: Query Fujitsu marketing expert about adoption initiative;
provide up-to-date outline to team.
MARTIN: Ask Moir and vanderEijk to attend upcoming ebXML-jc. Distribute
latest plans to ebxml-jc.
MARTIN: Query Clark re: ebSOA TC.

Next meeting will be in two weeks if there is not an ebMS F2F (26
January 2005).
Google Groups: http://groups-beta.google.com (couldn't find Dodds' posting)