Subject: Re: [ebxml-jc] deployment template

Jacques Durand wrote:

> This is attached the current ebMS 2 deployment template (an instance
> filled-in by EAN-UCC is available on IIC site).
>

> The template - to be updated -  allows a user community to "profile"
> the usage of ebMS2.
>
> We are trying to define a more generic template structure that applies
> to all specs.
>

> A usage profile is typically made of:
>
> 1. sub-selection of major feature modules or roles in a specification.
>
> 2. within a feature module, selection of options (for recommendation,
> or for strict requirement by the community)
>
> 3. within a feature module, profiling of content (e.g. format of a
> PartyId values, set of sub-elements required)
>
> These recommendations may be made of assertions or of dependency rules
> (e.g. if you use this feature, don't use that one)
>

> For each individual feature subject to profiling, the template would
> provide a small structure:
>
> - specification feature (definition and spec reference)
>
> - proposed profiling (narrow an option or define content)
>
> - test case reference (optional)
>
> - usage profile concerned
>

> A community may decide to generate several user profiles.

mm1: Jacques, thank you for forwarding. In pursuing (in part) two
complementary goals [1], perhaps we look more closely at this deployment
template and scope, to test:

    * Use of BT patterns and operational semantics
    * Mapping/conformance of business requirements in deployment

To that end, secent draft update on CPPA-ebBP mapping (v2.1 and v2.0
respectively): attached. We also have the BT characteristics in CPPA and
those could also be mapped (and relate to ebMS). Thanks.

[1] a) Starting development of ebBP test assertions, b) maximizing the
use of the test suite across ebMS-CPPA-ebBP

> So we see a pattern of profiling here that we'll try to keep generic
> enough as an XML markup + xsl transform for HTML.
>
> (if you have some comment / additions to the above, let me know)
>

> Regards,
>

> Jacques

======== v2.1 CPPA draft extract

* *