Subject: [Fwd: request to liaison with FWSI TC]

I am sending a request for advice to the ebXML Joint Committee, and Mr. Clark,
on the subject of the email copied below. I understand that coordination between
TC's should be managed through a Joint Committee.

We are requesting a liaison or coordination between the FWSI and ebSOA TC's.

Please advise, best regards.
John

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: request to liaison with FWSI TC
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 07:21:25 -0400
From: john c hardin <johnchardin@comcast.net>
To: ebsoa <ebsoa@lists.oasis-open.org>,  pstan@simtech.a-star.edu.sg,
ewlee@simtech.a-star.edu.sg,  rbpascual@yahoo.com,  andytan@intrinix.net,  James
Bryce Clark <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>

Dear Mr. Pascual and Mr. Lee,
A suggestion has been made by Mr. Tan to request a liaison between the FWSI TC
and the ebSOA TC. We are engaged in work to define usage profiles and document
the Technical Architecture v2.0 for the current versions of the ebXML and
Service Oriented Architecture related specifications.

Best regards,
John Hardin

Here is some additional information:

Our statement of purpose:
To provide a set of high-level usage profile examples accompanied by a technical
architecture specification, with the purpose of illustrating the features and
benefits of e-Business Service Oriented Architectures based on OASIS
specifications, for managers and project teams.

The TC will:
-- Assess the subsequent and related works noted herein and the implementation
experience of the existing ebXML and Web Services specifications.
-- Update the descriptive statements of existing ebXML and Web Services
specifications in an updated Technical Architecture document(s) to reflect the
subsequent approved versions, and the other developments and implementation
experiences described here.
-- Assess the implement ability and interoperability of the multiple ebXML and
Web Services specifications, provide comments and suggestions to the TCs
managing the individual specifications, and identify gaps or future work (if
any) needed or desirable for useful complete implementations.
-- Assess the implement ability and interoperability of other relevant approved
e-business and web services standards with one or more existing ebXML
specifications, provide comments and suggestions (if any) to the TCs and other
panels managing the relevant individual specifications, and (if the TC elects)
provide non-normative examples or suggestions for useful combinations and
extensions of the various specifications.
-- Adhere to the requirements of the ebXML Requirements Specification [v1.06]
and/or later revisions.
-- Provide an opportunity for each TC that manages an individual ebXML and/or
Web Service(s) specifications to comment on and correct any descriptions or
characterizations of those specifications before they are incorporated into any
work approved by this TC.
-- Not publish normative public guidance about an existing ebXML specification
that contradicts the approved text. Suggestions for change or extension should
be welcome and recorded, but expressed in a manner that does not undermine the
approved specifications as the primary source of ebXML technical guidance.

Our full proposed charter (voting on this new version is in process):
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebsoa/download.php/12106/ebSOA-TC-charter-v1.01-NTC-1.pdf

Technical Committee Home Pages:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ebsoa
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=FWSI

--
~~~~~~~~~
john c hardin

"The new electronic interdependence recreates the world in the image of a global
village."

     Marshall McLuhan, "Gutenberg Galaxy", 1962

--
~~~~~~~~~