Subject: [Fwd: UDEF Forum Gets Go-Ahead/Interested Parties Teleconference]

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 18:03:43 +0100
From: Chris Harding <c.harding@opengroup.org>
To: udef@opengroup.org

Hi -

We now have the go-ahead to form the UDEF Forum within The Open Group!

We have done a great deal of work since the start of the year as an
informal interest group. We now have the formal basis to carry that work
on, and expand it, as a Forum of The Open Group. We will discuss what that
means and how we move forward in tomorrow's interested parties call.

That call will be tomorrow, Friday May 13th, at 09:00/12:00/17:00
PDT/EDT/BST. The number to call is 1 866 874 0872 from North America, 0845
146 2019 from the UK, and +44 (0) 1452 562 905 from elsewhere. The PIN
number is 898281. Here's the draft agenda.

    - Agenda Review

    - Action Review

    - Setting Up the New UDEF Forum
      o Officers
      o Work program and procedures
      o How to join

    - Kick-Off Meeting in Washington
      o Attendance
      o Arrangements

    - UDEF and Ontologies - Comparison White Paper
      o Ron will discuss his current draft
      o Submission to NIEM and publication by The Open Group

    - Healthcare Proof of Concept and UDEF
      o Overview from John

    - The Open Group Conference in New York
      o Explaining UDEF to The Open Group members
      o Should we hold a Forum meeting?

    - UDEF Conference

    - UDEF Roadshow

Talk to you tomorrow!

Regards,

Chris
+++++

		Dr. Christopher J. Harding
   T H E	Forum Director for Directory Interoperability and Information
Management
  O P E N	Thames Tower, 37-45 Station Road, Reading RG1 1LX, UK
G R O U P	Mailto:c.harding@opengroup.org Phone (mobile): +44 774 063 1520
		WWW: http://www.opengroup.org
IT Architecture Practitioners Conference - July 18-20, 2005
Member Meetings - July 18-22, 2005
The Westin New York at Times Square, New York, NY
http://www.opengroup.org/new-york2005/

~~~~~~~~~
john c hardin
Chair, OASIS ebSOA Technical Committee
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ebsoa
313.279.1377 new *VONAGE* number
mailto:john@crossconnections.ws

"The new electronic interdependence recreates the world in the image of a global
village."

     Marshall McLuhan, "Gutenberg Galaxy", 1962