Subject: FW: XML Daily Newslink. Tuesday, 29 August 2006

Note especially:

Registering UMM Business Collaboration Models in an ebXML Registry
Birgit Hofreiter, Christian Huemer, Marco Zapletal; CEC/EEE 2006 Paper

This paper was presented in June 2006 at the Eighth IEEE International
Conference on E-Commerce Technology and The 3rd IEEE International
Conference on Enterprise Computing, E-Commerce, and E-Services (CEC/EEE
2006). UN/CEFACT's modeling methodology (UMM) is used to develop global
choreographies of inter-organizational business processes. UMM models
should be publicly available in order to foster re-use and to reference
them in trading partner agreements. In this paper we present an approach
to register UMM business collaboration models or parts thereof in an
ebXML registry. Registration requires a machine-readable format.
Since UMM is based on UML, we have to map the UML graphical notation
into a commonly accepted machine-readable format. Consequently, we
define an XMI representation for UMM models. We demonstrate  the XMI
approach for both the meta-model (M2) and the model (M1) layer of MOF:
The meta-model layer defines all stereotypes and associated tagged
values of UMM's UML profile. The business collaboration models on the M1
layer reference the corresponding stereotypes. In a further step we
demonstrate the registration of the business collaboration models. These
models are managed as extrinsic objects in the ebXML registry. We
explain how to classify a model according to its business context. Since
a model may be valid in multiple business environments, we develop an
approach using the registry metadata for assigning multiple business
environments to the same model. Since the ebXML registry does not
natively include any classification groups we present an approach that
is compliant to ebXML RIM (ebXML registry information model)...

http://xml.coverpages.org/ebXML.html#HofreiterUMM-Regrep
See also the OASIS ebXML Registry TC:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/

Kathryn Breininger