Subject: Brief notes from our call on December 18th

Below are brief notes from our call on Monday, December 18th.  Please
correct and/or add to them as appropriate!

Attendees:
Jacques
Monica
Kathryn
Pim
Ian
Sally
Sacha
David Webber

Agenda:
1. ebxml.xml.org:
Discussed populating the site. David and Pim have added a few items to
the blog.  We need to begin populating some of the other pages on the
site (see tabs) with content and info.  This should be an action item
for 2007.  See http://ebxml.xml.org/

2. Opportunities:
Sacha joined us to bring up some opportunities for promoting ebXML.  The
Danish UBL implementation, which does not use ebXML, was discussed at
some length. There is an opportunity to educate this group about ebXML,
and see if it could be of help in their implementation. Sacha agreed to
obtain a copy of the Danish report, and will contact one of the
participants to ask if we can do a presentation to tell them about
ebXML.  Monica mentioned that there is also an opportunity to submit a
paper to the SOA Web Services Edge and the Enterprise Open Source
conference in June 2007 in New York City
(http://linuxworld.sys-con.com/read/132564.htm).  The deadline for
submission is December 31st.  Another opportunity is the OASIS Symposium
in April to be held in San Diego. Submission deadline for the OASIS
Symposium is January 5th (see
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/).  Kathryn suggested that
the JC may want to organize a webinar similar to the one ebXML Registry
did a year ago.  It was agreed that we need to focus on promotional
opportunities in 2007.

3. Oracle tutorial:
David talked about a tutorial from Oracle that steps through how to
setup ebXML/ebMS using the tools that Oracle provides (see
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14099_19/integrate.1012/b19370/
tutorial_ebxml.htm).  David also mentioned that there will be an article
out in January and will forward the link once it is available.

4. Next meeting:
Our meetings in 2007 will start on January 8th and occur every two
weeks.  The ebXML JC Calendar has been updated to reflect the 2007
schedule.  Call in information is also included.

Kathryn

Kathryn Breininger
CENTRAL Project Manager
Emerging Technologies