Subject: Brief notes from our JC meeting

Here are the notes from our meeting this morning. Please feel free to
edit/add to as appropriate:

Attendees:
Monica
Kathryn
Pim
Ian
Dale
Sally

1. ebXML.xml.org site:
We discussed the ebXML.xml.org site and the need to update and add
content this week so that it can be announced and publicized.  All have
an action item to update the site with content for their TCs this week.
It was noted that it is relatively easy to use content already available
on the TC home pages.  It was suggested that there be one forum instead
of separate forums for each TC to increase visibility and traffic.  It
was also suggested that we request that the ebXML.dev forum be
automatically posted to the ebXML.xml.org forum.  Kathryn took the
action item to request these changes from OASIS.

2. Conference submissions:
One TC has submitted a proposal for the OASIS Symposium in April.

3. Other items:
We discussed a recent Forrester report, which presents a somewhat
negative view of ebXML.  We discussed ways to counter these types of
reports, noting that keeping our TC home pages current, updating the
ebXML.xml.org site and the TC wikis are actions we can take.  Kathryn
took the action item to also query Carol on other possible actions.

A conference call with the ISO TWG focused on HL7 is scheduled for this
afternoon to discuss ebXML.  Monica forwarded the call information.
Several JC members will be on the call.

Kathryn

Kathryn Breininger
CENTRAL Project Manager