Subject: RE: Response to article?

When a magazine publishes inaccurate information, it's possible to request a
correction and/or to post comments that set the record straight. It's much
harder with an analyst report.

I agree the best way to counter accusations such as "there is very little
vendor or user support for ebXML" is to move forward with ebXML XML.org, and
work hard to build the product and service directory and case studies listings.
Once we have the site up and running, perhaps we should consider hosting a week
of ebXML webinars--each day a briefing on one TC. We could invite editors and
analysts to those webinars and also provide recordings for download from
XML.org.

On ebxml.xml.org, I have deleted the individual spec forums in favor of one
"Using ebXML" forum. I'll check to see if it's possible to automatically
publish ebxml-dev post to the web site.

Thanks,
Carol

-----Original Message-----
From: Breininger, Kathryn R [mailto:kathryn.r.breininger@boeing.com]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 4:37 PM
To: carol.geyer@oasis-open.org
Cc: ebxml-jc@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Response to article?

Hi Carol,
The ebXML JC met today.  One of the items we discussed was the Forrester
article that was recently published regarding Web Services
Specifications and ebXML
(http://www.forrester.com/Research/Document/0,7211,40976,00.html).  This
article was written by Randy Heffner, who as you recall interviewed
several of us at the OASIS Symposium in April last year in preparation
for the article.  Do you have any thoughts on how we might counter
reports such as this that are negative to ebXML?

We recognize that increased publicity and updating of our sites will
help as well, and appreciate the development of the ebXML.xml.org site!
We will work on updating the content on this site during this week so
that you can publicize it. If we run into problems getting our sections
updated before Thursday, I will let you know.  In addition, we would
like to request that there be one forum for all the ebXML TCs for the
time being, instead of separate ones.  In this way we hope to see
increasing traffic in the forum.  In addition, we discussed ebXML dev,
and were wondering if it will be possible to automatically post these to
the ebXML forum as well to increase postings and visibility?

Thanks for your help,
Kathryn

Kathryn Breininger
CENTRAL Project Manager