Subject: Notes from our meeting this morning

Here are the notes from our meeting this morning. Please feel free to
correct.

Attendees:
Pim
Kathryn
Ian
Sacha
Monica

Agenda
1. Webinar discussion:
All attendees felt they would be able to support webinars for their TCs
in the late March early April time frame. Dale was not on the call, so
we are not sure about his TC.  Ian indicated he thought they had
material for about 30 minutes, so could be paired with another TC as
appropriate.  The JC agreed that the best format would be a series of
webinars spread over several days, each one focused on the work of a
different TC.  Each one would have a very brief intro to OASIS and ebXML
as a whole, then a 20-30 minute presentation on the spec itself followed
by one or two case studies that could be a little more in-depth.  We
anticipate that each webinar would run about one hour, plus questions.
Kathryn took the action item to follow-up with Dee Schur.

It was mentioned that it would be great to be able to show the specs
working together in some way, although we didn't explore that too much
during the discussion.  Sacha asked if the webinars will be recorded for
later download.  Kathryn took the action item to ask OASIS.

2. ebXML.XML.org site discussion:
We discussed the suggestion to restructure the Deployments page to
organize it by ebXML TC instead of as it is currently. We agreed to
leave as is for now, and will add links to case studies and
implementations from the individual ebXML TC pages.  Kathryn took the
action item to ask Carol if she could provide links to this deployments
page from each ebXML knowledge base page.

3. ISO HL7 questions:
We discussed how to answer the questions submitted by Frans van Bommel
regarding ebXML and ISO TC215/HL7. We agreed that a compiled response
would be better than individual responses, and that the practical use of
ebXML should be the focus of the response.  Also important to emphasize
is that ebXML provides a framework that can work with other standards
and functionality.  Much of the response can be drawn from the White
Paper the JC produced last year.  Kathryn and Monica agreed to work
together on a draft response by end of the week so the JC has time to
review and make suggestions before the March 1 due date. In addition,
Kathryn will forward the e-mail from Frans to the full JC list, and ask
for TCs to send her and Monica any information they want to be sure to
have included in the response.

4.  Changes to non repudiation functionality:
Ian discussed some issues related to non repudiation.  Basically, they
do not think the ebXML Messaging Services 3.0 specs can guarantee non
repudiation from a legal perspective, partly because they do not have
control over what is put in communications links.  After some discussion
it was determined that we need to include this item on the agenda for
next time as it affects multiple specs, and that we need to determine if
there is an issue, what should be done to resolve it.

5. No other items.

6. Next telecon March 5th.

Kathryn

Kathryn Breininger