Subject: RE: [ebxml-jc] FW: ISO TC215 e-Business study; minutes San Diego; Questionaire - ACTION REQUIRED by Feb. 22nd

Thanks Jacques!  We can use this to get started!

Kathryn

Kathryn Breininger
Boeing Library Services
425-965-0182 phone

From: Durand, Jacques R. [mailto:JDurand@us.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 5:40 PM
To: Breininger, Kathryn R; ebxml-jc@lists.oasis-open.org; monica.martin@sun.com

All:

sorry could not make the call this morning.

Agree for a common response to the questionnaire.

I had started to draft some - see below -, speaking for my company - but most questions call for a concerted response.

Jacques

Questions:
1. Which sector and/or group do you represent? (Healthcare, Business, ICT, Standardisation, ........)
ICT (Information & COmmunication Techs vendor and Standardization)

2. What do you think can be the benefit of using ebXML for TC215 and or HL7?
- a technology for messaging based on open standards, providing the best support for XML document yet supportive of any other format.
- no strong dependency on any IT vendor proprietary platform, and a rich open-source community that allows a large consortium to customize, own and shape an eBusiness/eGov solution.

3. Which parts of ebXML are of most interest for TC215
- ebMS (messaging) is usually considered as the baseline for B2B communication. Then, ebBP (bus process and transactions), and CPPA (collaboration profiles/agreements). In more advanced phases of a deployment, registry an repository provide great value for governance and management functions. [ idea is to show all parts have interest, but indicate some phasing]

4. Which areas of the healthcare domain can use ebXML as it is (Patient records, reimbursement, .........)
See NHS in UK, CDC in US.

5. Is there a need for TC215 to support the ebXML development process in common (not only Healthcare)?
Not sure what "development process"  means here (deployment?)
Some profiling and usage practices may need be developed with all parties involved, even if a pilot deployment will be restricted to one sector in a first phase.

6. Organisational viewpoint: How can we work together in the future with ISO, OASIS, UN/cefact and others for e-Business (New liasons, participation in other groups, a new WG or task Force within TC215, ......)?
- For getting requirements, a usual liaison channel between OASIS TC and TC215 WG may be sufficient.
- ebXML TCs also encourage user consortiums to publish their "deployment profile" of ebXML (user-defined conventions above the standard, and deployment practices). OASIS TC can publish these. Some templates support this. Some tighter cooperation to help on this profiling may be needed (see how RosettaNet created task forces involving experts from RosttaNet, OASIS, companies, to do this outside the OASIS umbrella)
- the very recent http://ebxml.xml.org/ site from OASIS allows ebXML users to create forums, blogs, etc.

7. If a new TC215 WG is proposed, what should be the main target of this group.