Subject: Re: [ebxml-jc] RE: [ebxml-msg] Groups - Comparing Messaging Systemsfor B2B - ebXML, AS2/EDIINI, VAN, WS-I/WSDl web services (Comparing messagingsystems for B2B.ppt) uploaded

Durand, Jacques R. wrote:

> David:
>
> Looks better to me.
>
> I still think you might get some flak for your treatment of
> "synchronous and asynchronous" - Getting a "later"  async response is
> something that you may achieve with Web services, although requires
> the client to deploy its own Web service... (rather inconvenient) The
> notion of conversation you mention is also key here, as supported by
> ebMS. That goes beyond async responses. Yet again one could argue that
> Web services allow for BPEL correlation sets, for corelating several
> messages on the long run. So a "Partial" vote on WS  here would get
> you a larger consensus...
>
> On second look, I would remove the entire "WSDL" column - not really
> comparable with the other messaging protocols, or could be seen as one
> aspect of WS-I. (also:  Reliable message delivery mechanism is kind of
> supported as WSDL annotation by attaching WS-Policy assertions.)
>
> Cheers,
> Jacques

mm1: I noted Jacques comments. Here are a few of mine (disregard if
already handled) by slide:

   1. 3: Change 'legal receipt verification support' to Non-repudiation
      of receipt. It is best to be specific rather than infer more than
      may be warranted.
   2. 3: WS-I web services provides underlying messaging. As Jacques
      indicated, you could talk about business process enablement using
      WS-BPEL.  Whether this is yes or partial, you decide.
   3. 3: Don't understand the comment on async-sync - Defer to Jacques
      on his comments as to this. I generally agree it may be best to
      delete WSDL column and integrate with WS-I. Note, you should be
      clear that WS-I only includes WSDL v1.1 (I believe but could be
      corrected).
   4. 4: For ebMS, the push-pull support is in ebMS v3, true? If so we
      need to be specific to alleviate any confusion.
   5. 6: Same comment as slide 3 on WS-BPEL.
   6. 8: Revise vendor information.  Defer to Jacques on extent of ebXML
      support for Fujitsu. Subject to verification from Hima on support
      available, I believe Sybase only has ebXML BPSS support for v1.5
      and I am uncertain to its current state. For IBM, add ebMS and
      CPP/A support. For Sun, add Sun Services Registry and ebMS v2.

Thanks.