Subject: RE: [ebxml-jc] Webinar Update for ebXML Specifications (everyone please read)

Dee,

     I am on vacation the week 7-11 May and the next one so, my avilability will be limited. Presenter wise I am still trying to persuade people to be involved. - I know that Pim may have a scheduling issue from previous e-mails.  I am trying to draft soemthing over the next few days so that I can give you all a better feel for the next JC session (I can not be present, I am stuck in the currently pleasntly Spring like UK!!)

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: Dee Schur [mailto:dee.schur@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Wed 11/04/2007 21:01
To: Monica.Martin@Sun.COM; ebxml-jc@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: 'Carol Geyer'; 'Jacques Durand'; 'Pim van der Eijk'

Hi,
Thanks Monica for pulling this together. I have the following abstracts <see
below> with a total of four webinars. Please pick a day in the week of 30
April - 4 May.
Should we move forward one week to 7 - 11 May for more outreach, as we are
getting late?

This is enough to set the webinars once you tell me the exact day and which
time frame you would like. FYI: Other groups have said that 10:00 - 11:00AM
EDT is OK for all continents? Do we still want to keep 2 time slots to be
live? Remember, you can download after the live demo at any time. Most other
webinars set on one time as the Asian participants tend to download vs. the
cost of participating live.

Thanks,
Dee

Presenter: Monica Martin

Abstract: OASIS ebXML Business Process v2.0.4 Standard: Overview, role
in eBusiness, and community interest and adoption

Discover the advantages of the ebXML Business Process Specification
Schema (aka ebBP) v2.0.4 Standard from the OASIS Technical Committee and
interested community parties. The ebBP TC invites you to attend an open
webinar to learn more about ebBP and the importance of eBusiness
collaboration using this standard business process definition in key
marketplaces such as health care, financial services and eGovernment.
Also meet community members or leaders on the edge who support this
technology.

 ebBP is a standard business process definition for business systems
configured to support the execution of business collaborations between
partners or collaborating parties. It was borne from vertical domains
such as RosettaNet, EAN-UCC or GS1 and UN/CEFACT (UMM). It is targeted
for the design and use of business processes particularly for:

    * Process visualization and documentation
    * Monitoring of business activities
    * Linking business constraints to technical execution
    * Gateway configuration for technical contract (such as CPP/A)

 Key messages:

ebBP is:

    *  Focused on business needs and serve to key community domains to
      deliver on promise of interoperable business processes
    *  Unique with its focus on the business process quality of service
      contract between collaborating parties or business partners

Listen to experts and stakeholders talk about the value of and the
benefit from ebBP.

[...]

Title: OASIS ebXML Messaging Services TC v3.0 Standard: Overview and
introduction.

Presenter:
'Pim would you like to present/intro from the more usage/deployment side as
opposed to myself <Ian Jones>/Jacques/Pete Wentzel talking from the
technical side.'
Abstract:
Discover what is new and different for the OASIS ebXML Messaging Services TC
v3.0 Standard from the team working on its development and introduction.

The OASIS ebXML Message Service is one of the most widely used parts of the
ebXML framework. Its adoption has increased steadily over the years, with
large scale deployments in healthcare and automotive industries, trade and
government, especially in Europe and Asia. Vendor support has also
increased, with Oracle and IBM now supporting it in their commercial
products and three new open source implementations released in the last year
alone.

In building on web services support in v2.0, the new OASIS ebXML Messaging
Services v3.0 continues the convergence of ebXML framework and emerging web
services specifications.
The new 3.0 version leverages a number of key Web Services technologies,
such as Web Service Security and Web Services Reliable Messaging. It also
includes new facilities for messaging pulling to allow for firewall
communication issues and hub and spoke trading models.  It also allows the
definition and control of a channel like mechanism to segregate messages.

The new ebMS3 specification is already implemented by the ECALGA and COXEC
trading communities in Japan, and is being reviewed by HL7.  A key motivator
in all three cases was the new Pull feature, which greatly facilitates
access to B2B networks for small organizations.

Title: OASIS ebXML Registry v3.0 Standards: Overview, adoption,
applications, and profiles

Presenter names (3):

Kathryn Breininger
Internet Librarian
The Boeing Company
Photo: Use the one from the podcast:
http://www.ebxml.org/images/breininger.jpg

Farrukh Najmi
CEO and Principal Architect
Wellfleet Software Corporation
Photo: (use the one from the podcast:
http://www.ebxml.org/images/farrukh.png)

Carl Mattocks
Consultant: ITIL Application Knowledge Management MetLife

Abstract:
Discover the advantages of the OASIS ebXML Registry v3.0 Standards from the
people who developed them. The OASIS ebXML Registry Technical Committee
invites you to attend an open webinar to learn more about how ebXML Registry
enables secure, federated information management within and across
enterprises.  We will give examples of adoption, applications for the
registry/repository, and updates on profiles that are under development.  A
short demo will be included in the webinar.

The ebXML Registry provides the functionality needed for governance and
management of electronic artifacts for SOA deployments, thus providing the
system of record.  These electronic artifacts include WSDL, XML Schema,
BPEL, e-business and other process descriptions, ebXML Collaboration
Protocol Profiles and Core Components, as well as application-specific
artifacts. The OASIS ebXML Registry Standards promote service discovery and
interoperability, while enabling secure, efficient sharing, reuse, and
version control of artifacts.

ebXML Registry is particularly suited to support application- and
domain-specific use cases. The fully ratified OASIS Standard has been
adopted and deployed in vertical industries including government, health
care, geospatial, telecommunications, banking, and finance.

Schedule preferences, any day and time is open except for Thursday afternoon
ET. Also after 6:00pm ET is okay.

OASIS ebXML CPPA v3.0 Standards: Overview and Current Work

Presenter: Dale Moberg

Discover the advantages of the OASIS ebXML CPPA v2.0 and v3.0  from the
people who are developing them. The OASIS ebXML CPPA Technical Committee
invites you to attend an open webinar to learn more about how ebXML CPPA can
ramp up collaboration communities!

ebXML CPPA v 2.0 is already in use in several production communities that
are using ebMS 2.0.

ebXML CPPA v. 3.0 is to include an extensibility framework with applications
to ebBP 3.0, WSDL, WS-Policy, EDIINT, and RosettaNet MMS protocols.

Key messages:

ebXML CPPA is:
l        Currently used in many large production communities using ebMS 2.0

l        Is being readied to support ebMS 3.0 and ebBP 2.0, and to provide
support for legacy protocols such as EDIINT, RosettaNet, and emerging SOAP
based protocols ("web services").