Subject: RE: [ebxml-jc] RE: ISO TC215 e-Business study

Hello,

As an update to the contacts with ISO TC 215 (healthcare) earlier this year, I met Frans van Bommel again last week.

The main new item of interest is a new project called "Document Registry Framework", which intends to develop an ISO standard based on the IHE XDS profile:

This Techinical Specification is applicable to focus on presenting further development of Document Registry Framework for transmitting, storing, and utilizing  documents (e.g. CDA, DICOM, etc.) in the clinical environment based on the ebXML Registry Framework. This document is to specify the general document registry and associated repository framework by specialization of ISO 15000 (ebXML registry standards).

This Technical Specification defines a specific use of the ebXML Registry Standard for the sharing of documents of any standardized content in the context of healthcare.  It does not require the development of new health informatics standards.  It describes the means to locate and access documents among a diverse set of health organizations.

This project is proposed by:

Il-Kon Kim

Director, Intelligent Health Information System Development Center

Department of Medical Informatics

Kyungpook National University

email: ikkim@knu.ac.kr

Other topics we discussed seem less relevant to the OASIS ebXML TCs.  One is about a mapping mechanism for embedded references in objects that are moved to another domain (where the references don't exist). This is similar to XML catalogs. The other is about a common data type library which includes data types for terminology, names and addresses, text and content data types, quantity data types, collection data types, timing data types. I think this has many potential links with other projects (Core Components, NDRs, CIQ, UnitsML, W3C XSD part 2) but not really to OASIS TCs.

I will get more information about other areas, some of which may have more obvious links with other OASIS ebXML TCs, in particular protocols to interface with Electronic Health Records (EN 13606-5, "exchange models").

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me.

Pim