Subject: RE: [ebxml-jc] ebXML XML.org: spam prevention

Carol,

Excellent!  I'd be even more tough - 6 URI's seems high - typically people only put 1 or 2 in an entry...

Still I'm assuming this SW is smart and detects the obvious - certainly sounds like it!

Thanks,

DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ebxml-jc] ebXML XML.org: spam prevention
From: "Carol Geyer" <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>
Date: Fri, September 28, 2007 11:56 am
To: <ebxml-jc@lists.oasis-open.org>

Quick progress report:

1. Neil is currently installing the Drupal spam module on ebXML XML.org. It:

* automatically unpublishes posts containing too many URIs. (We've set this for
6, but can change it.)

* automatically unpublishes posts containing too many of the same URI. (We've
set this for 3, but can change it.)

* automatically unpublishes duplicate content (the same content posted more
than twice to the site).

* automatically blocks users who post two instances of identified spam.

* allows users to mark content as spam (through a link at the bottom of the
page).

* notifies users when their content has been identified as spam (so they can
appeal if there's a mistake).

* notifies site admins of identified spam and provides an easy interface for
restoring. Content identified as spam that isn't restored within two weeks is
automatically deleted.

--carol

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS
+1.978.667.5115 x209

Register now for the Open Standards Forum:
"Enabling Transformational Government Through Web Services and SOA"
29-30 Oct 2007 * London
http://events.oasis-open.org/home/forum/2007