Subject: RE: Transforming the ebXML Joint Committee

Hi Kathryn,

  Jamie and I were talking about this just the other day - I didn't realize you
had sent a formal request to start a discussion list, but that's really not
necessary. All we need to do is get the proposed charter submitted and then
start the ball rolling. Note that a discussion list would only *delay* the
process, and that no technical work can be undertaken on a discussion list, only
discussion of a potential charter, so the best bet is to get busy on the charter
itself. Jamie and I are more than willing to help review the charter as it
stands and offer any input to get to submission stage.

All the best,

Mary