ebxml-msg-comment message

Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg-comment] Public Comment

Daneel,

Those are indeed dated sources.  But very good questions.

Overall I would say it should not be too tough to integrate
an AS/2 handler into all this (I presume some people already
have AS/2 servers and want to have a transition period).
Actually migrating from As/2 to ebMS should also be pretty
quick. Just need to have ebMS tool such as Hermes (see
below) to deliver and receive payloads for you.  The existing
payloads should work as-is - just need to have CPA information
for the your partner delivery now as well.

To bring you up to date check out the latest work presented at
XML2004 Interop.

You can download all this from:  http://www.ebxmlbook.com/interop

The integration of ebMS, CPA, Registry and CAM delivers way more than
AS2 alone can.  Specifically if you are wanting to have self-provisioning
for
partners - then clearly this approach is the way to go - with the registry
managing your partner profiles and the associated transaction rules, and
then integration directly into the ebMS allows verification, validation and
data handling to all occur driven by the content in the ebXML message
envelopes.

This also gives future extensiblity to take advantage of BPSS V2 as soon
as solutions are available for that - planning right now is mid to late 2005
on that.

Also - for general overview on all this - try the Benefits of ebXML white
paper - http://www.ebxmlbook.com/benefits    and then for note on
other adopting this - see the UK NHS commitment to using ebXML for
their backbone for hospital message exchanges:-

 http://www.ebxml.org/case_studies/NHS-ebMSG-casestudy-041206.pdf

along with the Hong Kong release of Hermes V2.0 (see
http://www.freebxml.org)

Let me know if you need more.

Thanks, DW