ebxml-msg-comment message

Subject: ebXML 'Acknowledgement' vs 'Acknowledgment'

Hi,

I'd like to bring to your attention an anomaly between the ebMS/ebBPSS
specifications and the ebXML-bp XSD regarding the spelling of
'Acknowledgement'. The discreppancy has come to our attenton during an
ebXML implementation with a trading partner, in particular between
spelling of the following message types:

'ReceiptAcknowledgement' versus 'ReceiptAcknowledgment'
'AcceptanceAcknowledgement' versus 'ReceiptAcknowledgment'

The ebBPSS and ebMS specifications contain references to both spellings
throughout, which I believe is the source of the anomaly. This includes
general mention as well as embedded XML examples. However, the XSD only
contains the spelling 'Acknowledgement' (ie with the 'e').

I would like to obtain your ruling on which spelling is correct. My
opinion is that the XSD is the governing document and hence the spelling
with the 'e' is correct. I would also suggest that future versions of the
ebMS and ebBPSS specifications are updated for consistency.

Reference docs:

http://www.ebxml.org/specs/ebBPSS.pdf
http://www.ebxml.org/specs/ebMS.pdf
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-bp/2.0.4/OS/schema/ebbp-2.0.4.xsd

Thanks
Andy Mulholland

Andrew Mulholland
Solutions Architect
Mincom Axis
? andrew.mulholland@mincom.com
É Tel +61 (0)7 3303 3668
Ê Fax +61 (0)7 3303 3712
È Cell +61 (0)414 602174
Mincom. The People. The Experience. The Vision.
delete it and notify the sender. The contents of this e-mail are the
opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of
companies unless expressly stated otherwise.