ebxml-msg-comment message

Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg-comment] Fwd: [TC Admin] AS4 EBMS Schema XSD BUG

Some of us do have some experience in validating XML content with XSLT + Xpath.

So we can advise on this, even provide some generic (XSLT) code that helps doing this. We are talking of all kinds of validation (value of attributes/elements, presence of optional elements/attr, combinations that are consistent/inconsistent) that are usually beyond xsd capability.

In my experience, people often use xsd more for code generation (stubs, classes)  than for actual validation…

For a past test project in WS-I, I had to develop a little generic open-source in XSLT such that people only need to know about XPath, in order to write test assertions that can be processed to do this kind of testing, including the case you mention.

-jacques

From: Makesh Rao (marao) [mailto:marao@cisco.com]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 7:59 AM
To: A2C
Cc: Chet Ensign; Paul Knight; ebxml-msg-comment@lists.oasis-open.org; Sander Fieten

Hi Stephen

Apologies for the delay. We discussed this in our TC meeting on 5th November. I was to communicate out to you and I apologize for not doing it immediately. Basically the TC members were of the opinion that ideally the XSD alone should not be used to catch all the validation rules. Another approach e.g. Using xslt was mentioned a something that effectively does the validation.

Hope this clarifies the situation you encountered.

Thanks

Makesh