Subject: RE: delivery failure

I agree with Jim, the MSH would notify the calling application of the failed
message delivery using the Service Interface spec which is not yet
developed. I think the word SHOULD was used rather than MUST since:
1. the sending application may have no mechanism by which it can be notified
of failed delivery, or
2. the sending application may not care if the message was delivered

Basically this section is describing recommended behavior of the MSH which
cannot ever be independently verified.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: HUGHES,JIM (HP-Cupertino,ex1) [mailto:jim_hughes@hp.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 9:09 AM
To: Martin W Sachs
Cc: ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

Marty -

This is one of the general topics discussed in the OASIS TC meeting this
week -- the Service Interface between the sending/receiving application and
its MSH. No conclusions reached other than this is a major piece of work
needed for the next version of the spec... and required for portability if
we expect applications to move between different MSH implementations.

Jim