Subject: RE: T2 SOAP Action

Isn't SOAP Action required by SOAP v 1.1? If it is then I think we need to
include SOAP Action so that we conform unless we decide to support SOAP 1.2.
If we do though, then I think that this is new functionality. So, although I
agree with Chris that SOAP Action should go, I think we should keep it in
1.1.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: christopher ferris [mailto:chris.ferris@east.sun.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 8:23 AM
To: David Fischer
Cc: ebXML Msg

David Fischer wrote:

> This is just a place holder to remind us to remove the requirement for
SOAP
> Action since the XML Protocol WG is apparently doing so.
>
> Is there any timeline on when the XMLP group will be finalized?
>
> Regards,
>
> David Fischer
> Drummond Group

David/All,

This decision (deprecation of SOAPAction) has not been formally adopted by
the XMLP WG. There are a number of us who would like to see this
outcome, but there does not appear to be full consensus within the group
as yet.

It is likely that this will be addressed in one of the next f2f meetings.

Cheers,

Chris