Subject: RE: T2 Recursive Behaviors

I am working on creating some specific examples of how to use this spec and one
of the foremost requirements will be SMIME encryption.  I don't see how anyone
can implement without the ability to encrypt and I don't see how to do
encryption without this recursive behavior.

It is often not sufficient to encrypt just the payload.  In many cases, users
will want all information which reveals the content (especially the Manifest) to
be encrypted.  SMIME must encrypt from boundary to boundary so the entire SOAP
envelope will have to be included in order to get the Manifest.  This behavior
IMO is required by this spec and should be included.

I don't think this has to be a long explanation.  A one sentence statement to
include recursion (encapsulation) should be sufficient.

Regards,

David Fischer
Drummond Group.

-----Original Message-----
From: Burdett, David [mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com]
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2001 2:32 PM
To: 'David Fischer'
Cc: ebXML Msg

David

I think the process (encapsulation) is a useful one. However I think that
this should be a separate spec that describes how to do it - it could be an
OASIS TC spec. There are several other useful examples, for example using
sequencing to transport very large messages by chopping them into chunks.
They are both additional good ideas that can be layered on top of what is
already there.

David