Subject: Re: PIP IDs

David,
No need to appologize.

Chris,
I agree. I would further add to your comments that exploring what exactly
*is* an IM vrs a TP is in order
for moving forward in CPPA TC. Is an IM a specialized TP?, Would an IM be
represented in a
Collaboration?, etc. Clarifying this model is critical to moving forward.

I my mind, it is easier to seperate these issues between
1) Dynamic/Static Config
A CPA file is a static configuration deployed before runtime. Transporting
equiv data in a header
represents a dynamic configuration. [not unlike RPC static stubs/skels vrs
DII].
2) Collaboration knowledge
Binary configuration (static/dynamic) vrs multi-party configuration
(static/dynamic).

I believe that these 4 way options can be accomodated --at least at the
specification level.
Implementation and robust interoperability testing, etc, is another
question.
Dynamic config with Multi-party collaboration knowledge is the most complex
and flexible.
Perhaps this may help moving forward.

Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

christopher ferris <chris.ferris@east.sun.com>@Sun.COM on 07/31/2001
03:33:34 PM

Sent by:  Chris.Ferris@Sun.COM