Subject: RE: End to End RM

-----Original Message-----
From: David Fischer [mailto:david@drummondgroup.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 7:39 PM
To: Burdett, David
Cc: ebXML Msg
Subject: End to End RM

Was (RE: T2 SyncReply and ReliableMessagingMethod in QualityOfServiceInfo)

Thanks, David, that was long!

The answer to my questions is probably somewhere in there but I may have
gotten
lost.

Question 1:  How do we do end-to-end RM irrespective of IM RM, i.e. how do
we
request an end-to-end Ack?  Is it the DeliveryReceipt or is there something
else?
[David B] You use the Delivery Receipt.

Question 2: In a multi-hop situation (more than one IM) how do we avoid
having
the IM change AckRequested and thus have the wrong value for all subsequent
hops?
[David B] The IM can change the AckRequested since on hops where another
Reliable Messaging protocol (e.g. MQ Series) is being used the Ack is not
needed. The IM just needs to determine that:
a) The message is being sent reliably (DeliverySemantics="OnceAndOnlyOnce")
b) The values to use for ackRequested, syncReply etc to use for the next hop
depending on the transport that is being used.

David Fischer
Drummond Group.