Subject: RE: T2 - Intermediaries/Message Status Request

Chris -

Statements about "most of the time" are really quality assertions.
Certainly, if one knows and trusts the transport, then RM might never be
used. However, the ebXML assertion is that Messaging Services is agnostic to
the transport and the sender needs the RM functionality... unless he can
specify the actual transport, as you suggest for MQseries.

BTW, once you presume that the underlying transport is known (and maybe
homogeneous through all links, as MQseries is), then you can introduce other
APIs as you note. But now you've changed the basic ebXML structure, I think.

jim

[rest snipped]