Subject: RE: T2 - Intermediaries/Message Status Request

David,

I'll let you guys that are more immersed in the specifics sort out how to
identify a "router only".

The branding or compliance question is: are you requiring that every MSH be
able to do IM and end-point functions? Or, would it make this thing quite a
bit more simpler if you just required that the IM be a "simple" MSH, and
then specify a layer *above* the IM MSH to do the things that you want to do
at the IM? Then, vendors can build routers to that additional specification
plus the MSH spec.

Alternatively, you could have the IM node *not* be a full-function MSH (for
example, it doesn't have to have a persistent store and participate as an
end-point in RM, and other things). Thus, you are either specifying a subset
of our MSH spec (plus some new things, like routing functions) -- or making
a separate spec for this architectural element.

This is just a suggestion to make the conversation easier. I only have
sporadic bandwidth to participate in these discussions, so I'd ask Ian to
get this added to the regular topics...

jim