Subject: Re: T2, Proposed solution for ... Re: SyncReply andReliableMessagingMethod in QualityOfServiceInfo

Arvola,

Please see below.

Cheers,

Chris

Arvola Chan wrote:
<snip/>

> <ac>
> I must admit that your use case is a very valid one and I have not made
> provision for
> it.
>
> Come to think of it, when I suggested that the sender MSH should dictate if
> all intermediaries
> should use reliable message or not at all, it is not strictly necessary for
> the sender MSH to
> know that intermediaries are involved, all it is choosing is between
> reliable message with
> intermediate Acks vs reliable messaging without intermediate Acks.
>
> As you have indicated earlier, "Even though the ends don't need to know
> about the IMs,
>  it is critical that the IMs realize their role." There, the IMs should be
> able to respect the
> directive from the sender MSH to use intermediate Acks or not.
> </ac>

The spec already provides for this. The deliveryReceipt attribute of
the QualityOfService element, when set to OnceAndOnlyOnce requires that
an MSH deliver the message in a manner that ensures that the recipient
will receive the message once and only once.

Unfortunately, the wording is possibly a bit fuzzy because it only talks
about the To Party MSH, which is incorrect as it also requires all intermediary
MSH nodes, but that was certainly the intent.

<snip/>
begin:vcard
n:Ferris;Christopher
tel;cell:508-667-0402
tel;work:781-442-3063
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc;XTC Advanced Development
version:2.1
email;internet:chris.ferris@east.sun.com
title:Sr. Staff Engineer
fn:Christopher Ferris