Subject: RE: S/MIME

Let's distinguish between where the implementation is and who is
responsible for invoking it.  We are into another of those discussions that
result from not having defined the scope of responsibility and the scope of
implementation of the MSH.  The MSH will be embedded in a large pile of
middleware that does many functions for the application.  I can well
imagine that encryption would be a separate module that might or might not
be invoked by the MSH.  I suspect that some people are attaching the name
"MSH" to the entire set of middleware although I don't think that that is
what any of us intends.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs