Subject: Re: Regarding where SyncReply information can and/or should reside

David,

What is the respondant to do with the response in this
case if the software is configured/written to provide ONLY a
synchronous response? You're making all manner of false assumptions
here. Re-establish the connection in the other direction?
Take my previous example of a servlet-based MSH. What provision
has it for establishing a connection?

Just because the ebMS spec is written to provide for
transport over a variety of different transports and to provide
for the possibility of synchronous vs asynchronous transfer
of messages between peers does not mean that every MSH
implementation MUST support all manner of exchange.

It is perfectly reasonable that one design an MSH that
only supports synchronous request/response via HTTP from
the server perspective. You can't change a leopard's spots.

The whole point of a CPA is to describe how parties will
exchange messages so that both parties can exchange
messages interoperably. If one party can only respond
synchronously, that may limit their ability to do
business with parties that cannot process synchronous
for some processes.

Conversly, you cannot expect that a party that can only
respond asynchronously to respond synchronously.

Cheers,

Chris